JOIN US FOR THE ACCESS HEALTH CT VIRTUAL SUMMIT!
Tuesday, October 27 to Friday, October 30
This 2020 Summit is designed to bring Access Health CT’s (AHCT) statewide community partners, health care providers, Certified Application Counselors, Brokers, faith-based organizations, and representatives together who are seeking to build a healthier Connecticut for all.
This virtual four-day conference, from October 27- October 30, is free and will include discussions on important updates on the upcoming annual open enrollment period (Nov. 1), immigration and outreach to hard to reach communities, health equity, and wellness in the COVID-19 era.
FREE PROMO BAG!
First 200 participants will receive a free promo bag in the mail. Sign up now!
DAILY AGENDA FOR THE 2020 AHCT VIRTUAL SUMMIT
Day 1: October 27
AHCT Open Enrollment
9:30-10:30 Morning Plenary: Welcome Remarks and Open Enrollment Update
11:00-12:00 Workshop #1: Partner Communications – Best Practices
12:30-1:30 Workshop #2: Telehealth and Enrollment
Day 2: October 28
Immigration & Hard-to-Reach
9:30-10:30 Morning Social: Meet the AHCT Team – Using Video to Reach Customers
11:00-12:00 Workshop #1: Healthcare Eligibility and Services for Immigrants
12:30-1:30 Workshop #2: Outreach to Hard-to-Reach Populations
Day 4: October 30
Wellness & Outreach
in COVID-19 era
9:30-10:30 Morning Social: AHCT Zumba Class
11:00-12:00 Workshop #1: Reducing Burnout and Increasing Emotional Wellbeing During COVID-19
12:30-1:30 Workshop #2: Outreach in the COVID-19 Era
FULL AGENDA FOR THE 2020 AHCT VIRTUAL SUMMIT
Access Health CT’s CEO James Michel and Director of Marketing Andrea Ravitz will welcome attendees to the 2020 Virtual Community Summit. Hear about what AHCT is planning for this upcoming Open Enrollment Period and updates to plans for 2021.
2020 COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY AWARD RECIPIENT
- Tekisha Dwan Everette, PhD, Executive Director, Health Equity Solutions
- Ann Lopes, Carrier Product Manager, Access Health CT
- James Michel, Chief Executive Officer, Access Health CT
- Andrea Ravitz, Director of Marketing, Access Health CT
The Access Health CT marketing and outreach team will highlight best practices and tips to share your message and story with the community, including email communication, social media, use of video, and through partner outreach.
- Chinequia Bailey, Associate, Grossman Solutions
- Ellyn Laramie, Access Health CT
- Kecia Stauffer, Access Health CT
- Ayde Gallagher, Access Health CT
Panelists will discuss how telehealth and other virtual tools can be used to connect with clients and customers and how to best utilize these tools to offer remote enrollment assistance.
- Adry Sotolongo, Senior Associate, Grossman Solutions
Join the AHCT marketing and outreach team to learn more about our efforts to spread the word about Open Enrollment. This session will feature AHCT Social Media & Web Marketing Manager Ayde Gallagher who will discuss how to use video to better reach your audience.
- Ayde Gallagher, Social Media & Web Marketing Manager, Access Health CT
This workshop will address healthcare eligibility for immigrants. It will cover topics such as immigration status and the AHCT application, immigration and citizenship documents, and exceptions. The panel will also discuss what healthcare services are available to immigrant populations who may not qualify for health insurance through Access Health CT.
- Gigi Garcia, Broker/CAC Support Supervisor, Access Health CT
- Carmen Camacho, Health Insurance Care Coordinator, Fair Haven Community Health Care
- Sarah Chmielecki, Public Assistance Consultant, Connecticut Department of Social Services
- Michael Kiselica, Public Assistance Consultant, Connecticut Department of Social Services
- Julia Rosenberg, MD, MHS, FAAP, Yale New Haven Hospital, Pediatrics
This workshop will focus on how to reach hard-to-reach populations. From addressing language barriers to practical tips, this workshop will help you better meet customers where they are.
- Grace Montesi, Associate, Grossman Solutions
- Luis Irizarry, Community Health & Wellness Manager, Community Renewal Team
- Leslie Ann Gonzalez, Qualified Medical Interpreter, St. Francis Hospital
- Valencia Goodridge, Immediate Past President, National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc., New Haven Metro Chapter
Join us for a discussion on the strategic work that Access Health CT is doing to address the elimination of health disparities in the state as part of its core mission.
- Evelyn Mantilla, Managing Director, Grossman Solutions
- Kara Mitchell, Principal of Client Service, Mintz + Hoke
- Fred McKinney, PhD, BJM Solutions LLC and Quinnipiac University
- Daryl Jones, Director of Finance, Access Health CT
This workshop centers on understanding the concept of implicit bias in our everyday lives and how we can work to counter them.
Evelyn Mantilla, Managing Director, Grossman Solutions
We’re starting off our Wellness and Outreach in the COVID-19 Era Day with a free virtual Zumba class led by AHCT’s own Ayde Gallagher. Bring your energy, water, a towel, and if you’re on a hard surface, sneakers and we’ll see you on Zoom.
We know we need to take care of ourselves in order to better serve our clients and communities. This workshop will focus on supporting emotional wellbeing amidst this global pandemic.
- Tabitha Shustock, Director of Operations, Grossman Solutions
- Sistah Anyangō, Founder/CEO, The FLYY Movement
- Trevon Cheatum, CEO/Coach, Getin Getfit LLC
- Jodyan Gaynor, MA, LPC, Integrity Counseling and Consultation LLC, Founder & Owner
- Leigh-Ann Jaggon, DPT, PT, Coach/Physical Therapist, Getin Getfit LLC
- Marianela Medrano, PhD, LPC, CPT, Psychotherapist/Meditation Instructor, Palabra Counseling & Training Center
This workshop will highlight best practices and examples on how to safely and effectively reach target populations in the COVID-19 era, both in person and remotely.
- Ellyn Laramie, Outreach Coordinator, Access Health CT
- Thomas Burr, Community & Affiliate Relations Manager, NAMI Connecticut
- Katie Martin, PhD, Executive Director, Foodshare Institute for Hunger Research & Solutions
- Kyrinda Richardson, Youth Development Manager, Urban League of Greater Hartford
- Sade Blocker-Nelson, Outreach | Retention Specialist, Urban League of Greater Hartford