Special Enrollment Period for Uninsured CT Residents
Individuals can enroll from February 15 – March 15, 2021.
Access Health CT opened a Special Enrollment Period for residents who are not currently enrolled in coverage through the marketplace. This effort aligns with the Special Enrollment Period in the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (known as Healthcare.gov) and helps consumers during the COVID-19 Pandemic and Public Health Emergency.
Access Health CT (AHCT) is on a mission to increase the number of insured residents and this Special Enrollment Period from February 15 – March 15, 2021 will target the most vulnerable across the state – those currently without health insurance.
Help Us Spread The Word!
If you or someone you know is currently uninsured, now is the time to connect with Access Health CT and compare coverage options.
- The Special Enrollment Period for the Uninsured is February 15 – March 15, 2021.
- Customers will not be required to verify their eligibility for this Special Enrollment Period.
What else is important to keep in mind if you enroll during this time?
- Have these documents on hand to speed up the process for you and anyone in your household requesting coverage.
- Understand the tools available to compare plans and understand the total cost of your plan options.
- Know your plan start date and when to expect your first month’s bill. It is important to pay your premium (monthly payment) in order to start your coverage and to stay covered.
Customers enrolling from
|February 15 – 28||
March 1 – 15
Plan effective date
March 1, 2021
April 1, 2021
Still not sure if you can get coverage through Access Health CT?
Here are 3 things to determine if you can enroll:
- Where you Live. You must be a resident of Connecticut
- Immigration Status. You are lawfully present (U.S. citizens, by birth/naturalization, or who have a valid, current U.S. immigration status)
- Not incarcerated (not in prison/jail)
Not lawfully present? If you or someone you know is not lawfully present and does not qualify to get health coverage through Access Health CT, there are other resources and places available to help you. Dial 211 to find help.
What does this Special Enrollment Period for the Uninsured mean for current Access Health CT Customers?
Since this Special Enrollment Period applies to residents without health insurance, current customers are not impacted. Customers can only change plans if they experience a Qualifying Life Event that opens a Special Enrollment Period. Read more about reporting changes during the year here.
Still have questions? Did we mention that all help is free?
Yes! Whether you have questions about your eligibility, comparing plans, or if you qualify for financial help; our team is ready and available to help!
- Visit our website at AccessHealthCT.com
- Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325 or TTY 1-855-789-2428 (we speak over 100 languages)
- Find Enrollment Specialists in the community
- In-person help at either of our partner locations:
- Project Access New Haven located at 63 York Street in New Haven, Conn.
- Community Renewal Team located at 330 Market Street in Hartford, Conn.