The Annual Open Enrollment Period to get Affordable Health Insurance
Information for Connecticut Residents who Need Health Insurance Coverage
As a Connecticut resident, you could qualify for affordable health insurance during the Annual Open Enrollment Period, which runs from November 1 – December 15 every year for coverage starting the following year. For example, if you enroll through Access Health CT during the open enrollment period your coverage will start on January 1.
At Access Health CT you can shop, compare and enroll in quality healthcare plans. And, it is the only place where you can qualify for financial help to lower your costs or be eligible for free, or low-cost coverage through HUSKY Health (Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program also known as “CHIP”).
More about the Annual Open Enrollment Period
During the Annual Open Enrollment Period, individuals and families can contact Access Health CT online, via live chat, over the phone, or in-person to enroll in a new medical or dental plan, or renew an existing one that better fits their income and coverage needs.
So, can residents enroll only once a year?
No. You may qualify for coverage through Access Health CT at any time during the year, if you:
- Qualify for Medicaid/Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Are an American Indian or Alaska Native
- Have a Qualifying Life Event – which is a change in your life like losing health insurance due to job change/loss, getting married, having a baby or moving to CT, through a Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
For information on getting coverage outside of the Annual Open Enrollment through a Special Enrollment Period click here.
Time to Shop.Compare.Enroll
At Access Health CT you can shop for plans that each cover a set of 10 essential health benefits, including some services offered at no cost like annual checkups, vaccines, prescription drugs, mental health and substance abuse treatment, among others.
Comparing Plan Options –As easy as 1-2-3
- Visit AccessHealthCT.com and click on “Compare Plans”
- Answer the questions on the screens
- Based on your answers, you will see different plan options and your potential total costs for doctors, prescription drugs and how often you use medical services.
Ready to Enroll? Let’s Get Your Documents Ready!
Make sure you have the below documents ready for you or anyone in your household needing coverage.
- Dates of Birth
- Social Security numbers
- Visa, green card or immigration documents
- Most recent W2 and/or Form 1040, Form 1099
- Paystubs, Profit & Loss statements or other employment information to confirm income for everyone in your tax household
NOTE: After you enroll, you may need to send documents to confirm details in your application, like citizenship or income.
To download an Open Enrollment Checklist, click here.
Did we tell you that all help is free?
Yes! Whether that is asking questions about your eligibility, seeing which plans offer the best coverage, or if you qualify for financial help. Our team is ready and available to help!
- Visit our website at AccessHealthCT.com
- Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325 or TTY 1-855-789-2428 (we speak over 100 languages)
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM, Saturdays 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Hours during Open Enrollment)
- Get help from Certified Brokers or Enrollment Specialists here.