Understanding Financial Help and Low/No-Cost Programs
Over 90% qualify for financial help, low cost or free coverage
Access Health CT (AHCT) is the only place where you can qualify for financial help or be eligible for free or low-cost coverage through HUSKY Health (Medicaid/Children’s Health Insurance Program). You might qualify depending on: Household size, Income & Home Address
Types of financial help, low-cost or free coverage
1. Advanced Premium Tax Credits or APTC, lower your monthly payment (or premium). It is sent directly to your insurance company from the federal government. To qualify for APTCs, you:
· Cannot be eligible for affordable minimum value healthcare coverage through your employer or a government program, such as Medicaid.
· Must be a Connecticut resident, citizen or lawfully present in the United States, and not in prison.
· Must enroll in coverage through Access Health CT.
· Must have household income that falls within the Modified Adjusted Gross Income or MAGI range described in the chart on the right.
2. Cost-Sharing Reductions or CSRs, lower the amount you pay out-of-pocket for things like deductibles, co-insurance and co-payments when you get medical services. If you qualify for CSRs, you must enroll in a Silver level plan to have these lower costs. This means that if you choose a Silver Plan you may pay less for Doctor and Hospital Visits, and Prescription Drugs.
3. HUSKY Health Programs (Medicaid & Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)) provide free or low-cost healthcare coverage if your household income meets the requirements for one of the programs, and you are one of the following:
– Currently pregnant
– A single CT resident who has no children, or who has children age 19 or older
– Parents or caregivers of Medicaid-eligible children
– A Medicaid-eligible child (under 19)
For more information about Husky Health Programs, click here.
Easy steps to see if you are eligible for financial help
– Provide some income and household information when you apply.
– We will help you calculate your Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI).
– We will let you know which program you are eligible for and can give you the most financial help
Remember to keep your information updated!
If any of your personal information changes during the year, changes should be reported within 30 days or as quickly as possible. If we don’t have the most up to date information it can make it harder for us to get in touch with you about your coverage and it can affect the amount of financial help you can receive or result in owing money to the IRS.
Did We Tell You That All Help Is Free?
Yes! Whether you have questions about your eligibility, comparing plans, or if you qualify for financial help; our team is ready and available to help!
- Visit our website at AccessHealthCT.com
- Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325 or TTY 1-855-789-2428 (we speak over 100 languages)
- Get help from Certified Brokers or Enrollment Specialists here
More information about Financial Help and Low/No-Cost Programs here