Understanding Manual vs. Auto Renewal Enrollment Process
Information for Customers Who Might Need to Take Action to Stay Covered
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE YELLOW ENVELOPE!
As a current Access Health CT customer, there are important steps you might need to take to stay covered in 2021. During the first few weeks of November, current customers will get a letter in the mail in a yellow envelope (and in your online account inbox at AccessHealthCT.com). The letter will let you know if:
|• You ARE Eligible to be automatically enrolled for 2021, OR
• You are NOT Eligible to be automatically enrolled for 2021
Let’s Talk About These 2 Scenarios:
1. If you ARE Eligible to be automatically enrolled for 2021, this means you will continue to be enrolled in an insurance plan if no action is taken.
2. If you are NOT Eligible to be automatically enrolled, this means you will need to take action before the end of the Open Enrollment Period and pick a plan and update your application to stay covered.
o If you are an Access Health CT customer and did not get a letter in the mail, contact us as soon as possible.
o If anyone in your household is enrolled in HUSKY Health (Medicaid/ Children’s Health Insurance Program) you will get a separate notice before your renewal period.
Read this carefully if you are
ARE Eligible to be automatically enrolled for 2021
Could you lose your insurance coverage if you don’t take action?
No. If you ARE Eligible to be automatically enrolled for 2021 and do not take action (you don’t do anything), you will continue to be enrolled in an insurance plan.
Will your premium (monthly payment) change in 2021?
It might. That is why it is so important that you look at your options and maybe consider a new plan. Why? Well, your healthcare coverage needs (e.g. doctors, prescription drugs) can change. Premium (monthly payment amounts) also change, and you might find premium savings or savings with your out-of-pocket costs with a different plan.
Can you change or pick a new plan for 2021?
Yes! You can pick a different plan that meets your healthcare needs and may even see cost savings! Just log in before December 15, 2020 update your application & compare your plan options for 2021.
Read this carefully if you are
NOT Eligible to be automatically enrolled for 2021
Could you lose your insurance coverage if you do not take action?
Yes! If you do not renew or choose a new plan through Access Health CT before December 15, 2020, you can lose your coverage for 2021. So, don’t wait!
Easy steps to renew your plan for 2021.
1. Sign into your online account at AccessHealthCT.com as soon as possible. Need to reset your password? Follow the online instructions.
2. Click “Renew Coverage” under Quick Links to begin.
3. Complete all sections, including questions about your household size, income, and tax filing status. Review and confirm these details before choosing a 2021 plan.
4. Compare plans and find one that works for your needs. Consider things like your premium (monthly payment), deductible, co-pay, provider network, and prescription drug coverage.
5. Complete your 2021 application, and if asked, provide documents needed to verify information.
Remember all help is free!
• Online: AccessHealthCT.com (Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon)
• Phone: 1-855-805-4325 or TTY 1-855-789-2428 (we speak over 100 languages)
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM, Saturdays 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Hours during Open Enrollment)
• In-Person at an Enrollment Location click here.
• At a Virtual Enrollment Fair here.
• Get help from Certified Brokers or Enrollment Specialists here.