Understanding the Extension of the Annual Open Enrollment Period
During this time, you can choose a plan or change an existing one.
What You Need To Know About The Annual Open Enrollment Period Extension
As a result of current health crisis, Access Health CT extended the 2021 Annual Open Enrollment period until January 15, 2021 providing more time for CT residents to get covered. There are two important things to know:
- If individuals choose a plan during the extension, the coverage will start on February 1, 2021.
- If customers are already covered by an insurance plan through Access Health CT for January 2021 and would like to pick a new plan starting in February 2021, they must first pay their January monthly bill (premium). For example:
- If you chose a plan through Access Health CT between Nov. 1 – Dec. 15, 2020 with a monthly premium (payment) of $150 and decide to change to a plan that costs $100.
Access Health CT will continue to offer free enrollment help to all Connecticut residents during the extension:
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com (Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon)
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325, Mon. – Fri. 8 AM – 6 PM, Sat. 9 AM-3 PM
- With Certified Brokers or Enrollment Specialists in your community.
- At a time that works for you at a Virtual Enrollment Fair*, more information here.
- In-Person at an Enrollment Location* in Groton, Bridgeport, New Haven, New Britain, Stamford, or Hartford by appointment only. For more information click here.
*Holidays may impact this schedule.