The links below highlight the documents needed to support your application and confirm eligibility:
Proof of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. National Status
To verify your U. S. citizenship or National Status, send us any of the following documents:
- Form N-560
- Form N-561
- Forms N-550, N-570
- Tribal enrollment card
- Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood
- Tribal census document
- Documents on Tribal letterhead, issued under the signature of the appropriate Tribal official.
- Department of State Form FS-545
- Department of State Form FS-240
- Department of State Form DS-1350
- A final adoption decree showing the child’s name and U.S. place of birth; or
- If the adoption is not finalized, a statement from a state-approved adoption agency that shows the child’s name, U.S. place of birth, and birthdate or age (the adoption agency must state in the certification that the source of the place of birth information is an original birth certificate).
All documents that you submit for verification of citizenship must match your name and birth date and, if applicable, the name and birth date of each member of your household included on the application.
How to Submit Documents