Some of the biggest headaches for customers are caused by missing verification documents right after enrollment and outdated account information. In some cases, it results in people losing financial help, losing coverage or owing money to the IRS – and we don’t want that! Keep reading this page for some important reminders about your Access Health CT account – there may be some surprises!
Once You Get Covered, Make Sure You Stay Covered!
• Make sure you pay your premium bill. About 10-14 days after your enrollment is complete, your health insurance company will send you a bill with directions on how to make your first payment and when it is due. If you don’t pay your bill to your health insurance company, your coverage may be terminated.
• Send documents to us if we ask for them. Sometimes we need more information to finish your application. If we send you a letter asking for verification documents, make sure you send them to us to avoid losing your financial help or your coverage.
• Get your new ID cards & schedule your annual check-up. Once you pay your first bill, your new insurance company will send you an ID card in the mail. You will need the card to go to the doctor and get other medical services. Get a head start on your health by scheduling your yearly check-up with your doctor-it is included in your coverage at NO EXTRA COST.
• Keep your information updated. If any of your household information changes during the year, make sure you report that change to us within 30 days – it could mean you owe money to the IRS. Log in to your account or call us to report changes today.
• Talk to your health insurance company about additional health plan & wellness benefits available to you. They can also help with things like:
• Getting your ID cards
• Paying your monthly bill
• Finding doctors in your network
• Questions about prescription drug coverage
Click here for more details about what to expect next after you enroll.
• Ask Questions! We don’t want you to lose coverage. If you have an issue and aren’t sure where to go, just call us at 1-855-909-2428.
All Help is FREE, so Get Started