Language Help

Report Changes

If any of your personal information changes during the year, you should report the changes to us right away. If we don’t have the most up to date information, it can make it harder for us to get in touch with you about your account and it can affect the amount of financial help you can receive.

If you are receiving financial help to pay for your plan (also called Advance Premium Tax Credits and Cost Sharing Reductions), changes in household income or home address could change the amount of financial help you receive. If Access Health CT doesn’t find out about changes to your income until the end of the year, it could mean you owe money to the IRS next year.

Want to change your health plan during the year?

You can only make changes to your healthcare coverage if you have major life changes during the year, including:

  • Loss of coverage due to job loss/change
  • Just moved to Connecticut
  • Divorce or Legal Separation
  • Just married
  • Pregnancy, birth, adoption, or foster care
  • Aging off parents’ plan

To learn more about Special Enrollment periods, click here.

What sort of information counts?

• Where you live
• How much you earn
• Your phone number or email address

Know The Type of Change Reported:

If you are reporting an application change that impacts the amount of financial help your receive (like reporting more income that estimated previously), you may receive a notice cancelling your current plan and a separate notice alerting you about the new plan you are now enrolled in with the updated amount of financial help reflecting the change you reported. This can impact plan benefits like your yearly deductible and out-of-pocket maximums.

Know Your Household:

Understanding who is included in your household will help determine what changes need to be reported. When you estimate your income to receive financial help you should count income for everyone in your tax household. Therefore, if anyone’s income changes during the year, the total listed in your application should be reviewed for accuracy. If this total is different, then the changes in income should be reported immediately to ensure you receive the proper amount of financial help. Other household changes should be reported.

Example: Someone changes their intended filing status that you included as a dependent. Unreported changes to income can lead to owing the IRS so it is important to keep your account details updated.

Account Changes to Stay Connected

Understand how to make the most of your plan benefits and keep in touch about important customer renewal information.

Sign In and click on the "Me and My Household" tab, then click "Update address" to update your mailing address, add an email address or opt-in to receive text messages.
Keep your account details updated to ensure your financial help is accurate.

Sign In and click "Report a change in Income or Household" under Quick Links to report changes to household address, income or remove someone from your account.

All Help is FREE, so Get Started